A couple of friends regularly do a "10 Things Tuesday"post in which they list 10 things they are thankful for that week. I thought it especially pertinent this week, as we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving.
1. My husband. As much as he has been known to annoy and lo, even frustrate and irritate me, there is still no one else I would rather spend my life with. He loves me, and I have never once doubted or questioned that. Plus, he's pretty cute!
2. Friends. I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for. We are quite a diverse group of folks, which makes for fun times and great memories. Even the friends that I don't get to see as much, you'd never know that time has passed when we do get to visit.
3. Baby showers! I had my first shower last week, given by my UCA co-workers. It was a great shower, and I got lots of good stuff to get us started. My super terrific Grad Assisistant gave us a diaper bag and made us a too cute fleece blanket.
4. Pumpkin. I love all things pumpkin, and I really love that fall is the time when everyone else realizes how great pumpkin is and makes more desserts and puts it on sale (10 for $10 at Kroger!). Plus, Vitamin A is good for me, so I can eat as much of pumpkin as I want!
5. My nieces and nephews. What a sweet group of kiddos! They are growing up way too fast, and I can only hope they know how much Aunt Dawn loves them.
6. Being pregnant. I am privileged to be a part of the creation of life, and am humbled to think that God chose us to partner with him in bringing this amazing boy into the world.
7. Chocolate. I can't mention pumpkin and forget about chocolate! It makes me happy.
8. Exercise. I am very thankful for the fact that I have been able to keep up the same exercise schedule, because I know that is helping me keep my weight under control, and is why I still feel so good. Plus, our instructor 2 days per week was pregnant this time last year, and brings me a little something every week as her baby outgrows things.
9. My parents. I couldn't ask for better. They love me, they love Chad, they have raised me in the church and are great examples of marriage and parenting for us.
10. Smiles. I love that I walk into work every morning and am greeted with multiple smiles and "Good Morning!"s. I'm thankful that I can give a smile to someone and feel better for it.
Belly shot below! This was taken 2 weeks ago, at 22 weeks. I'm a little slow getting them uploaded, so they'll probably always be late. I go for my 24 week appointment this afternoon. So far everything is great! Andrew is turning into quite the wiggleworm lately, and prefers to use my bladder as a trampoline. It's such a comforting feeling to be able to experience his movements as he grows!