Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Monday, October 27, 2008

Blessed

For those of you who don't know already, the little angel that chose us to be his parents just happens to be a little boy! A dirt and bugs, rough and tumble, sports and cars boy! As my friend Dawn said when she found out her little one was a boy, "What am I doing to do with a BOY?" Luckily, I've had two precious nephews and a host of other little boy buddies to give me plenty of practice. There's nothing like a momma's boy! I should know, I married one. And when they have a good momma, you can't ask for anything better. I just hope and pray my angel turns out half as great as his daddy, quirks and all.

After we opened the "envelope" (aka napkin note) on Thursday and started calling people to tell them our news, it hit me just how blessed we really are. Between the four of us, we made 10 calls in the first 5 minutes. My phone went dead from making calls, because there were so many people waiting to hear our news. Later that evening we viewed the ultrasound video with some friends, and almost got teary seeing them be excited over it. This sweet boy already has so many people that love him and are as anxious to meet him as we are. Our "family" continues to grow, and for that I am truly thankful.

This weekend we visited my brother and sister in law and the kiddos. Both of my nephews have a birthday in October, so this was a combo visit. We had a lot of fun, and even decorated some pumpkins (or "punks", as Hannah calls them). Of course, forgetful Aunt Dawn didn't remember to bring her camera, so I can't share with you their interesting creations. I also got to visit with my friend Ashley, and her daughter Ella, who is so much fun!

I hit the halfway mark tomorrow, 20 weeks! I'm showing now, and finding it even more difficult for clothes to fit. It's weird to think my belly will get so much bigger, because its hard as a rock and seems at its limit now. Amazing how our bodies know just how to handle all these changes.
The baby's room is cleaned out now, and will soon get a fresh coat of paint and shiny new furniture. We make all these preparations, but can we ever really be "ready" for this? I'm praying we're up to the challenge, because I know this darlin' will turn our world upside down in the best way possible!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Congratulations! I hadn't heard yet! How exciting! You will be a great mommy and I'm sure he will be a momma's boy! Can't wait to see what you do with his room!

Ashley Dobson said...

I'm sure you will have a precious little momma's boy. I can't wait to meet him.

Half way already...it really seems to be going fast!! (For me anyway! ha)