Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Saturday, March 12, 2011

Two

How did we get here? How did I so quickly go from cuddling my tiny angel boy, sniffing his sweet head (wait, I still do that), savoring how his soft little body fit perfectly onto my chest to snuggle; and now I have a toddler?! That soft, sweet, yummy baby is now a full-fledged little boy. A boy who is always running, says "Momma" a million times a day (sweet music!), gets mad when we don't let him watch movies 24/7, and lights up a whole room with his smile.

I love that I can see his little personality developing more every day. I love that as he gets better at communicating his wants and needs, he is visibly proud that we understand. I love that he is OCD about things being "just so". I love that something as simple as submitting to his request for crackers gets a "yay!" and a little dance. I love that he is so appreciative of gifts and nice gestures, and nearly always says thank you whether I ask him to or not (and gifts get an adorable "oh wow!" too). I love that when we sit down to eat, we say "let's pray", and he bows his little head and starts mumbling, then finishes with "A-men!". I love that he still lets me snuggle him before he goes to bed. I could go on and on.

I know that 2 will be hard. Discipline, tantrums, attitude are all hard already. I dread potty training and getting rid of his beloved paci. But nobody promised me it would be easy. Just that it would be the best time of our life. Happy Birthday to the most amazing, precious gift we have ever received! We love you so much sweet boy!

No comments: