Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Been Too Long

I shouldn't have waited this long to do another post because now I can't remember anything I was going to talk about!

We are still slowly but surely cleaning out the house to make room for the baby. It seems that we are selling everything we own, but we are replacing most of the items with smaller, similar stuff. We are almost to the point where we can get everything out of Chad's office, which means then we can go pick out furniture!

I still don't "feel" pregnant yet, though I don't really know what that is supposed to feel like. My belly is growing and making it difficult to wear regular clothes without the assistance of a safety pin, but maternity clothes are still too big.

I had my second doctor's appointment last week, and everything is perfect. I even got to hear the heartbeat, which was very surreal. I wish I had thought to call Chad so he could have heard it, but I wasn't quite thinking straight. We decided (okay, I caved) to find out the sex of the baby when we go to the hospital for our big ultrasound. We have both invited our moms to come along, and we plan to have them write it down and put it in an envelope, for us to share later. I really don't have a feeling as to what Peanut is one way or the other. I do hope I am able to feel the baby move by then.

It hit me the other day that God chose us specifically to be the parents to this angel. It's a very humbling thought to be reminded that He knows our child already and that He is preparing us to be the parents that He calls us to be. It's an amazingly scary thing to think of us as being responsible for another human life, but we already love this baby so much that it makes it a little less scary. We were watching a movie the other night with a story line involving a very smart mouthed teenage girl, and we both looked at each other and said "What have we done? Please don't ever come out and be like that, Peanut!".

It's an amazing journey! Pray for us!

1 comment:

Ashley Dobson said...

So, when do the rest of us find out what you are having?!!! I can't wait!!!

I think you will feel the baby move very soon, and that is just amazing!!

Oh, I used a ponytail holder on my pants for a long time. It worked pretty good.

Love ya, Ashley