Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday

Today, I am thankful for:

1. A healthy active baby boy. This little guy moves almost nonstop! Not only does it constantly reassure me that he is growing just the way he should, it also provides a source of entertainment throughout the day as I watch my belly roll and jump all by itself.

2. Friends who have been there, done that, and want me to know all about it. I have never been one to be bothered by "too much information". I'm so lucky to have friends that want me to know all the wonderful and not so pleasant aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, and the post-partum time. I feel so prepared and so less anxious, just because I know no topic is off limits.

3. My nieces and nephews. Perhaps I've mentioned them before? Well, they're still so precious to me, and I can't wait for Andrew to be able to meet all his cousins!

4. A new sewing machine. Okay, so I've technically had it since June, but just recently decided to get over my fears and use it. It's a wonder what a modern machine with new parts can do, as opposed to the 1972 model from my Grandmother that I was "using". I'm so proud that I've been able to do most of the bedding and such for Andrew's room myself. (okay, so Mary helped me A LOT, but still).

5. Insulated mugs and plastic straws. I am able to remember to drink lots of water so much easier when I can keep a ton of it on my desk staring at me all day long. I can always feel a difference on the days when I don't get at least 60-70 ounces in.

6. 3 year old chatter. I'm looking forward to spending an evening with my favorite 3 1/2 year old little girl. You never know what is going to come out of her mouth!

7. Other people's blogs. I have found the most helpful blogs recently, that have helped to spur me to do better at trying new foods and planning ahead with our menus and grocery shopping.

8. New recipes. I sometimes get overwhelmed when I sit down to look at all my cookbooks or magazines (which has probably contributed to my lack of desire to plan meals right now), but I do love a new idea or new flavor combinations.

9. Our nation. Even though I did not vote for our President, I am hopeful that the promises he has made and the changes he is working toward will be a positive thing for our country. God tells us to respect our leaders, and I have no doubt that that certainly includes the ones that we don't agree with. I have faith that He will continue to carry our nation, and that we should look to Him for guidance and answers in the years ahead. "Troublesome times are here, filling men's hearts with fear..." but his is our Rock and our Salvation! We are still blessed to be citizens of the United States.

10. A husband with a sense of humor. We probably giggled more than we should have during childbirth class, but I am so grateful that we don't take ourselves or each other too seriously. And while I have promised a swift kick to the groin if any jokes are made during the actual labor, I know that's his own way of dealing with stress, and that I will probably need a little "mood lightening" then!

On the baby front...

I am 32 WEEKS pregnant! That means I only have 8 weeks (or less! yikes!) left until we get to meet our little guy. Where has the time gone? I am definitely feeling pregnant now. I get uncomfortable a lot, especially in my back, and get tired so much quicker than I am accustomed to. We have 3 or 4 showers scheduled this month, which is amazing (see how blessed we are?), so we should have everything we need soon. I'm working on getting things lined out at my job for my maternity leave, and have begun my last semester of teaching at UCA. So many changes right now, but I know it's all worth it. We're preparing for the biggest and best change of our lives!

Pics of Andrew's bed and my belly coming soon.

2 comments:

Ashley Dobson said...

Good list...I am also thankful for several things on there!

I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left!!! Yay!! I am so stinkin' excited for you and Chad. I knew it was going to be wonderful to become a mom, but we really have no idea how wonderful and amazing it is until it happens.

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Amy said...

Just found your blog! I am so excited to get caught up on your life and growing baby Andrew! You are sickeningly adorable pregnant! I say that will love :) I have a blog too... except it's private, so email (amymware@yahoo.com) your email address and I'll add you to the list! Miss you Dawn!