Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where did the past 4 months go?

Whew! Has it really been over 4 months since I have typed actual words here? I'm finally going to update this old blog o' mine.

So much to say, where do I start? The best place I can think of is my sweet angel boy. He's is 4 1/2 months old now, and I am amazed at how it really does go by so fast! I keep saying it's a cruel joke that God plays on us by making the time of our baby's life that we are the most sleep-deprived and out of it is the time that he will grow and change the most!

So, a little about Andrew: I'm guessing he weighs about 17 pounds now (doctor's appt next week so we'll know exactly) and he's about 25-26 inches long. I am shocked at how fast he's grown. His legs are rock solid and he loves to stand up. He has the best and biggest toothless smile! I love how he lights up when I talk to him. He loves his daddy, but he is a bit of a momma's boy. He has rolled from his belly to his back, and I think he's close to going the other way too. The child LOVES music and watching loud movies with daddy. I thank God for him every day; a child really will make you appreciate all the simple things in life. I wish I had been better about blogging weekly, there are so many things that I know I won't remember.

Some things I've learned so far:

1. Nursing a baby is natural, but certainly not easy. It takes a LOT of encouragement and pain tolerance to stick with it, but it is so worth it.

2. I am amazed at how big my heart smiles just watching Chad and Andrew together.

3. I never knew I would cry so much. Frustrated cries, tired cries, worried cries, happy cries, definitely a change for me.

4. My mom is amazing, and I know even more just how much she loves me.

5. I can worry about anything. Is he sleeping too much? not enough? Is he eating enough or too much? Should his poop be that color? What is this scratch from? Does he miss me when I'm gone? Arghhhhhh!

6. I can operate on even less sleep than I used to.

7. I can be content for hours at a time with no tv or noise, just holding my baby. (he doesn't really let me do this anymore, though)

8. I have amazing friends. Too many reasons to list.

9. I have an awesome husband, who has turned out to be a gentle, caring, even patient daddy.

More later...There's so much to tell! I just hope I remember it all by the time I'm on here again!

1 comment:

Ashley Dobson said...

Love the list!! It does go by way too fast!! And, the watching Chad with Andrew will only get to be more amazing to watch! I love Todd so much more now just by seeing him be a wonderful Daddy!!