Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Sunday, September 6, 2009

So Good Granola

I thought I would break away from my usual posts about how adorable my child is to post a recipe. My favorite things in life are my family, friends, and food, so it just made sense. Plus I had a couple friend request this recipe, so now the rest of you (all 2 of you!) have it too. This is adapted from two other granola recipes that I couldn't decide between one day. I just sort of meshed the best parts, and this is what I ended up with. The best thing about is some of the ingredients can be "optional" (coconut, pecans, almonds, etc.)

Homemade Granola

2 1/2 - 3 cups oats (not quick oats)
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Combine dry ingredients. Melt butter with honey, add vanilla. Pour over dry mixture, fold together until well incorporated. Spread on large baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Stir. Bake 8-10 minutes more. Cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: