Trust in the Lord your God, and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Ps 2:3-5



Sunday, September 6, 2009

6 months!


This weekend, my baby boy will turn 6 months old. I am shocked (and saddened) at how fast this time has gone. Andrew is such a big boy now! He weighs just shy of 18 pounds, and at his last checkup was just over 26 inches long. He wears a size 3 diaper, a size 3 shoe, and 6-9 month clothes. He started eating cereal a couple of weeks ago, and has tried some vegetables too. He loves loves loves to eat! He usually tries to "help" me by grabbing the spoon with both hands to shove it into his mouth and hang on! He went to Bible class for the first time this week, and loved it too.

I was reading back through some of my early pregnancy posts where I wrote about how humbling it was to be a part of God's creation, how amazing it was that he chose us to be Andrew's parents. Every time I look at his precious face and his gorgeous clear blue eyes, I thank God for my little piece of heaven, gift wrapped in a onesie and smelling of Johnson's baby lotion. How I pray that I will remember every inch of him right now, every giggle and whimper, the way he licks my face when he gives me "sugars", and holds my finger when I snuggle him, his favorite books and toys, his sweet happy face, and the curiosity and wonder in his eyes.

Now, how do I make it SLOW DOWN!!!?

No comments: